Modeling is the art of creating an object in 3D. More than that is needed to use the model in Unreal, one must know how to convert that model to the right format for game use. Animating and skinning are in a category of their own because they impore different techniques.
- Player Modeling
- Player modeling is creating any human-controllable object – such as humans, aliens, robots, animals, etc.
- Weapon Modeling
- Weapon modeling is creating a gun (or other subclass of Weapon, such as the Ball Launcher). This requires three models for different persectives: 1st person view, world view, and opponent view.
- Static Mesh Modeling
- Static mesh modeling is creating meshes used for detailed map geometry. Usually created in external modeling applications.
- Modeling Application – A list of common applications used for modeling for Unreal
- Unreal Modeling FAQ – Frequenly asked questions pertaining to modeling.
- Lightwave – The opening page for a series of Lightwave tutorials.